1Mil Kapton tape is developed by Dupont which is a HN general purpose film with silicon adhesive. Kapton® polyimide films shows excellent electrical insulation properties, high temperature resistant, and excellent solvent resistant. Kapton tape combines excellent physical, electrical, and mechanical properties, and has been used in applications at temperatures as low as -273°C (-459°F) and as high as 400°C (752°F).
Technical Data Sheet:
Adhesion Type: Silicone
Film Thickness: 1.2 Mil
Adhesive Thickness: 1.5Mil
Total Thickness: 2.7 Mil
Adhesion to Steel: 25 oz//inch
Tensile Strength: 30 (lbs/inch)
Elongation: >40 %
Dielectric Strength: 8,000 volts
UL-94 Flammability Rating: V-0
Insulation Resistance: 1,000,000 mega ohms
Electrolytic Corrosion Factor: 1
Insulation Class centigrade: 180°C
Temperature Resistance: 260°C (500°F)
Resistance to acids, oils, solvents: Excellent
Length: 36 yards
Due to the variety of possible end-uses, it is ultimately the responsibility of the customer to determine a product’s suitability for a particular application.
Kapton® is a registered trademark of DuPont
- 1 Mil Polyimide Tape (Kapton®) RoHS compliant
- 1 Mil Polyimide Tape is silicon adhesive protection leaves no residue.
- 1 Mil Polyimide Tape is thin and conformable enabling masking of uneven surface
- 1 Mil Polyimide Tape shows excellent electrical insulation.
- 1 Mil Polyimide Tape maintains high temperature resistance as high as 400F.