– This list is a Mega Pololu Shield, or RAMPS for short. It is designed to fit the entire electronics needed for a RepRap in one small package for low cost.
– RAMPS interfaces an Arduino Mega with the powerful Arduino MEGA platform and has plenty room for expansion.
– The modular design includes plug in stepper drivers and extruder control electronics on an Arduino MEGA shield for easy service, part replacement, upgrade-ability and expansion.
– Additionally, a number of Arduino expansion boards can be added to the system as long as the main RAMPS board is kept to the top of the stack.
– This board is mostly based on Adrian’s Pololu_Electronics and work by Tonok. Copper etch resists methods suggested by Vik.
– Also inspired by Vik’s work with EasyDrivers. circuit design based mostly on Adrian’s Pololu_Electronics Joaz at RepRapSource.com supplied initial pin definitions and many design improvements.
– Much inspiration, suggestions, and ideas from Prusajr, Kliment, Maxbots, Rick, and many others in the RepRap community.
1 x Assembled RAMPS RepRap Mega Pololu Shield
5 x A4988 Stepper Driver Motor
- It has provisions for the cartesian robot and extruder. Expandable to control other accessories. LEDs indicate when heater outputs on.
- 3 mosfets for heater / fan outputs and 3 thermistor circuits. Fused at 5A for additional safety and component protection. SD Card add on available — Available now made by Kliment – Sdramps
- Heated bed control with additional 11A fuse. Fits 5 Pololu stepper driver board.Pololu boards are on pin header sockets so they can be replaced easily or removed for use in future designs.
- I2C and SPI pins left available for future expansion.All the Mosfets are hooked into PWM pins for versatility. Option to connect 2 motors to Z for Prusa Mendel.
- Servo style connectors are used to connect to the endstops, motors, and leds. These connectors are gold plated, rated for 3A, very compact, and globally available.