ELECTRICAL WIRING RESIDENTIAL, 17E, updated to comply with the 2011 National Electrical Code, is a bestselling book that will help you learn the basics of residential wiring in both new and existing homes. This book uses a practical approach and comprehensive coverage to guide you step-by-step through the critical tasks and responsibilities that face today’s professional residential electricians. With coverage of energy conservation laws like Title 24, as well as today’s important concepts such as ground fault circuit interrupters, smoke, heat, and carbon monoxide alarms, 2011 NEC requirements for house wiring, and Solar Photovoltaic Systems, you can feel confident you are getting the very latest in industry standards and procedures. A unique feature of ELECTRICAL WIRING RESIDENTIAL, 17E is the sets of plans in the back of the book that offers you opportunities for hands-on practice in interpreting and applying Code requirements, making this an ideal resource for those who will work in the residential electrical industry. This book also contains updated Illustrations coordinated with the latest NEC regulations.
- Contains new, updated photographs, diagrams, and illustrations that add clarity to explanations of critical concepts.
- Includes expanded coverage on safety in the workplace from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) that encourages your students to consider safety on an ongoing basis.
- Uses real-world examples throughout to reinforce key calculations and concepts.
- Uses both metric and English measurements to appeal to students of all learning backgrounds.
- Includes a Code Cross-Index that allows your students to easily reference specific content and Code requirements.